So here’s the thing: I’m pregnant, have a toddler, and am moving. I have no time. That’s why I haven’t posted a recipe in weeks because my son is home full time for all of August and we’re moving and I’m pregnant. I don’t have much time to cook nevermind experiment or post about it.
But last night I looked up something quick on Pinterest – surprise! I had a rotisserie chicken (see above) and wanted to make something other than chicken on a plate. These burritos are fast and made me and my husband happy.
I added tabasco sauce and served with salsa on top. That gave them a little spice. I also didn’t have fresh cilantro but I’m sure that would’ve enhanced their yumminess and I used plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream which is one of my favorite food swaps. I used shredded cheddar because I had it on hand. Delicious. Fast. Not just chicken on a plate.
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken (or 2 chicken breasts, salt and pepper- to taste, 1 Tablespoon mustard, 1 Tablespoon olive oil)
- 1 cup grated cheese (I use mozzarella)
- 1 avocado -diced
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro-chopped
- 4 large tortillas
- 4 Tablespoon sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a frying pan, place chicken breast sprinkled with salt and pepper and roast for about 5 minutes on each side. Spread 1 tablespoon mustard over the chicken, add about ¼ cup water add cook covered for a few more minutes.
- Cut cooked chicken into thin stings.
- Mix the chicken, cheese, cilantro, and the diced avocados.
- Spread 1 tablespoon sour cream on each tortilla, add ¼ of the mixture, form a roll.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil into a pan and place all four tortillas on the pan, cook for 2 minutes on medium- high heat. Flip on the other side and cook for another minutes or until the the tortillas are golden
- Serve warm.